|Table of content|
|What are fire alarm systems?|
|The main causes of fire|
|Kinds of fire alarm systems|
|Specifications of fire alarm devices|
What are fire alarm systems?
They are systems that ensure the mitigation of fires and the resulting damages because they allow it to be controlled quickly by alerting all those present to the presence of fire. Alarm systems of various types and forms are designed according to the nature of the sites and places that need a fire alarm panel, fire alarm detectors, wires, and cables that are resistant to degrees of High temperature.
- Fire alarm systems depend on 3 methods and they are:
- The regular system
- The entitled system
- Automatic alarm and extinguishing system
For more information about methods, read the following link.
Stages of fire
Fire consists mainly of 4 basic stages:
- The first “primary” stage: the fire has no smoke or smell, as it began to form and is small in size not noticed.
- Stage Two: is the one in which smoke and fire starter.
- The third flight: the flames start to appear and smoke rises, which is the stage that the fire alarm senses.
- Stage Four: the fire develops to its maximum degree and its spread is rapid, and it must be eliminated before it continues during this stage.
The most important causes of fire
- Operating damaged or old electrical wires, which leads to large electrical resistance, which will lead to a short circuit that results in fire.
- Improper use of a gas stove.
- The use of flammable materials in the home without compliance with safety measures.
- As a result of children playing and neglecting to follow them.
- Irresponsible behavior of smokers.
For More details Read.
Types of fire alarm systems
- The primary purpose of fire alarm systems is to respond quickly to it by alerting the building or fire station personnel that there is a fire in its early stages, and it depends on 3 basic methods:
- Normal system: is the system that relies on the group of detectors connected to each other on a specific area to give a warning on this area through which the security man moves in this area and finds the location of the fire.
- System Entitled: is the system that relies on the group of detectors connected to each other in the region taking numbers and names of places where the detector is located so that when a fire appears on the control panel, the indication of the detector number, the name of the area and the time of the occurrence of the fire appear.
- Automatic Extinguishing and Warning System: this system is installed on automatic extinguishing systems.
The basic types of fire alarm systems are:
- A smoke detector is used in corridors and rooms.
- A heat detector is used in kitchens.
- Smoke and heat detector is used in electrical and air-conditioning rooms and places with machines.
- A fire alarm breaker is used in entrances and stairs.
- gas detector.
- Light alarm detector.
Specifications of fire alarm devices
There are several characteristics and specifications that an alarm device should contain, which are:
- The ability to work at a continuous voltage (8-26 V).
- To operate efficiently even in very hot areas.
- To operate efficiently in high humidity climates.
- The system must be able to sense the invisible gases resulting from combustion.
- The detector must be resistant to moisture, dust, and rust.
- A warning is given when a searchlight is removed from its base.
Noor Ala Noor Company for Lighting and Control Systems offers multiple options for fire alarm systems, commensurate with various installations and sites, with appropriate advice and design provided by specialized engineers and technicians.